At nine am I shoveled two bags of cheetos in my mouth.
At ten thirty, I sucked on 5 chocolate dipped altoids
And at noon, I consumed a bag of Lays potato chips.
Let’s chat a little bit about the CRAZINESS that is pregnancy. Food aversions and food cravings have had a really strong effect on me.
For instance, I no longer eat:
- macaroni and cheese
- steamed vegetables
- spanish rice
- chili beans
- puerto rican beans (oh this makes me soooo sad)
But I do desperately need (yes, need) to eat:
- Potato chips… or potatoes in any form
- 7 Layer burritos
- Nacho Supremes (processed cheese please)
- an occasional really fresh salad… (hmm I only want fresh fruits and vegetables and yet can’t seem to go without sour cream and processed food?)
- an english muffin, toasted, with egg whites only, pepper jack cheese, and Safeway freshly sliced deli ham cooked on the grill
My new thing is rice crispy cereal. I woke up this morning longing, even yearning, to put a big spoonful of snap, crackle, and pop into my mouth, hold my tongue against the roof of my mouth, and let the crispy do its thing! Luckily for me, there was such a box of said cereal and I ate my share of a giant bowl of the goodness.
Anyone else out there experience weird pregnancy cravings? Because for real, I want to shake myself and say “where did you go? who are you? what have you done with the person that used to be me??!”