“hey mom! Let’s not take naps anymore! EVER!!!!”
Ellie has always been a fairly fantastic sleeper. Most of the time, it’s: 1) swaddle, 2) pacifier, 3) cuddle, 4) mobile, 5) fan, and 6) walk away.
Not this week!
Today she took two catnaps of 20-30 mins. each. Awesome.
Could be due to one or more of the following:
1) needs some prunes if you know what I mean
2) we flew to the mainland and back very recently
3) she’s so close to crawling she can taste it
4) she developed a pretty intense cold over the past day or so
5) routine? what routine?
6) pearly whites slowlly making their way into existence causing extreme drooling, chewing, pain, tears, and tummy aches
It’s really hard to believe that she will ever! be! able! to! nap! again! when you spend even as little as a few days trying everything possible to get the girl to go sto sleep. The reality is, this is here and now and won’t be forever, but when you’re in it – it feels like an eternity and never again will you have a normal routine with a full night’s sleep. I know, save the drama for you mama – but guess what? I AM da mama and I’m a little over nap time this week.